Suggestion | Rare Mines

iistars

Reaction score
IGN: iistars
Suggestion: Add rare mines to somewhat balance gold rarity.

I have noticed that gold is so much more rare than diamonds ever since the mines got updated. I get that gold is used for XP bottles now but gold is absurdly rare now. I only have 22 raw gold from like 2 or 3 mine resets. I've seen diamonds come from less than a few minutes of mining at surface level almost, but not even two pieces of gold. Gold is so rare that I'd immediately give up all my diamonds just for 16 raw gold.

So my suggestion to balance out this rarity is to at least add two rare mines.

The first mine I suggest is a desert themed mine. This mine would contain a little more gold, and have a chance to spawn a gold block somewhere beneath the sandy cave-in. This mine would have a lot more falling blocks, lava, and spikes to make it more dangerous to traverse while mining or digging with a spade. Spider webs could also be in the way to make the mining experience sufferable.

The second mine I highly recommend is a frozen mine. This mine would have a chance to spawn less than or equal gold to the desert mine, but would not have a chance at spawning a gold block. To make this mine as difficult as the desert mine, there would be more powdered snow instead of falling blocks. The powdered snow poses a risk of freezing the player, making them fall into lava, or dropping them into spikes.

Keep in mind that we already have a lot of people who want enchants and a lot of dust-boys who may or may not be hoarding their own materials. These mines would create a bit more competition and also pose a high risk of just diving right into. Knowing these things, it is my personal opinion that it would fairly balance the situation with gold being almost non-existing in every mine.

Edit: It took me like 3 resets to get like 15 gold, which is just enough for bricknicks to get 1 level of experience. I have 28 raw gold currently, but that is because I already had gold in my ender chest. (3 hours if the mine resets every 3 icly days in the morning)

Last edited:

KayLoon

Reaction score
You know what I believe? Bring back the supplies for EXP bottles and if the issue was that we got too many supplies either increase the amount of blocks/item needed for a supply or decrease the amount of EXP bottles you get from a supply box

iistars

Reaction score
You know what I believe? Bring back the supplies for EXP bottles and if the issue was that we got too many supplies either increase the amount of blocks/item needed for a supply or decrease the amount of EXP bottles you get from a supply box
That is also valid! I don't see why we're mining for a resource that's near impossible to get now. It's making enchanting near impossible or rather too grindy. It simply makes it not worth the effort.

iistars

Reaction score
On second thought, nvm this. I realize now I just need to have more patience and I made this post for nothing kind of. Mine on dusties!