safteaz | Event Team Application

Elle.Belle

Reaction score
In-Game User
safteaz

What's your age? (Preferred, but optional)
17 - 21 age range

Do you have Discord? If so, what's your username?
Yes! @ be.ellerinaz

Punishment History
None within MazeRP itself or across all Roleplay Hub Servers in general.

Timezone
PST (UTC/GMT -8)

Describe your activity
My activity on MazeRP is quite consistent! I’m on at various times of the day, however it tends to fall later in the evenings due to actual work scheduling differences. I’m on for multiple hours, exploring the maze, roleplaying in character, restocking various chests for the community, and more. I’ve gone around to familiarize myself with a lot of the players who seem consistent in playing MazeRP and befriended a handful of them as well! I’ve gone on expeditions with different groups of people for various amounts of time in the maze. Though I’ve only been with MazeRP since it was released to Roleplay Hub’s servers, I’ve grown incredibly attached and consistent with being a player. I hope to keep this activity up with my new work schedule falling into place as of the New Year.

What's your motivation for applying?
My motivation for applying is rooted in various reasons. As a player, my goal is to include dynamic and captivating narratives for my characters and those around me. I wish to enlighten others as well as my own stories within the Glade and the Maze, creating seamless storylines as a motive. I’ve grown to fall in love with the diverse characters created by everyone and the simple world around me, being able to create impactful and vulnerable moments pushes me to keep refining my skills. I understand that role-play can seem intimidating to players new to the concept. With events presented or just as a general part of the community, I’d like to be able to create a safe space for them to expand and learn, easing them in!

What can you bring to the team?
I can offer quite a bit of flexibility and knowledge through the role-play and writing process. Alongside having role-play experience on SchoolRP, I’ve been acting and teaching youth theatre for a while. Having an acting background, allows me to think deeply about characters and their meanings and what sorts of strong ideas can impact heavily. This allows for players to be somewhat challenged at a deeper level in their role-play knowledge, expanding further into deeper emotions. I’m also very open-minded to expanding to accommodate everything the server offers in its uniqueness. From having PvP mechanics, to role-play mechanics, to even the Maze mechanics. Considering all of the following, and what can be created by the uprising Lore Team, making events that fit within the themes of the Maze and Glade is important to me.

------------

Create three unique events. Explain what it is, how you'd go about organizing it, and what resources you would require to execute it.

#1: A Mid-summer’s eve. . . [Halloween/Spooky Event]
[ THE IDEA BRANCHES OF THE MOVIE “MIDSOMMAR”, TAKING IT’S GENERAL PLOT BUT RE-WRITTEN TO FIT THE MAZE RUNNER VIBES ]

“Through the blinding light, a new beginning, although it’s a new beginning to a familiar world. Everyone revisits their time coming through the box, almost as if to start from the top once more. This new version of the maze seems somewhat more colourful and bright. There seems to be life within these stone walls, but is there? These Gladers… they aren’t like the rest. They have a structured way of life, but these welcoming traditions are rather… gory.”

This event provides a more horror and psychological take on the maze. In the Maze Runner movies, it’s canon that there are multiple versions of the maze, this would just be another iteration. This event could fall under a month-long event during Halloween, as it involves stranger than not traditions and punishments. The people already in this part of the maze will be played by the event team and the staff who choose to. Their goal is to make the players feel a sense of fear. It could include bits of lore created by the Lore team about the Flare to create the paradoxical feeling of something that should be familiar but isn’t. There wouldn’t need to be changed in scenery, but specifically dedicated characters played by Event team members or Staff. These characters are dedicated to being unsettling but dedicated and in full belief of the strange events they have.

#2: Tag, you’re it. [Raid event]
“The campfire crackles, howling through the wind as it’s put out. Dawn begins to hit the Glade and the community is preparing to start their day, get to their usual tasks, and await for a gate to open... Baggers make their way to the opened gate at 6:30 a.m., only to be met by a large group of runners running back from the maze. Though these runners don’t look to be alright… something feels off. Baggers are easily able to note that this group of runners (about 15 runners) was not well... They had all been stung. Every last one of them. With only so many baggers at the gate present, they can only keep so many by the gates, most being able to escape into the Glade to disrupt the new day.”

/it [!] One of the baggers runs through the Glade, injured, and yells out to those around them, "BANISHED, WE NEED ASSISTANCE STAT." [!]

This event is a spin on the Banished Raids we’ve had in the Glade previously. However, it can be taken more icky rather than training for Baggers and an opportunity for loot from the “Banished Boss.” This event requires both event staff and regular staff (should they want to participate) as well as NPCs. The range of runners is mixed between 15 to mix between actual players and NPCs. The NPC banishes work as they have, fighting off to include the actual Minecraft combat mechanic in this event. The players however must be the ones that make it into the Glade. These “runners” (don’t have to have the runner tag or banished tag) will combat roleplay with regular Gladers. They will act out how stung characters do, raging, yelling, acting out of line, etc. to fear other Gladers. The goal for the community is to get rid of the NPCs and use the serum for these banished players OR find a way to drag them back into the maze during dusk.

#3: Tick Tock [Memory Event]
“In a flash, you feel it again. The warmth of a hug from your closest loved one… the quiet humming of birds singing the sweetest of tunes. Finally, a moment of relief, peace, and quiet. The smell of your favourite candle fills the room’s aroma, a place where you know you are safe. Unfortunately, safety isn’t long… because with “The Flare” in check and spreading rapidly, you’re quick to run back, run away. Back and away to the place you now know by name… The Glade.”

This event allows characters to build on their history and the life they once had. It acts as a memory event. The way it’s triggered is for anyone in the Glade, the closer to the “heart” of Homestead, the stronger and longer the memory is. This wouldn’t necessarily require a separate map (which can cause hassle for builders and an inconvenience for teleporting), but rather set prompts for players to choose from depending on which part of the Glade they are in and what job they are part of. They get different writing prompts to which their characters can react and other than that, it is up to players to react how their character would based on said prompts.

The event can happen at any time of the day, but it must be unprompted and more like a surprise! There can be a big warning like the following:

/it [!] Energy rushes through and pulses through each Glader… something is about to change. [!]

This can sort of indicate that W.C.K.D. messed up some adjustments they wanted to make to the maze, altering Glader’s thoughts (as an example). Then right after, depending on where you are (can be separated into larger sectors), a different effect or prompt is given to players. Then they react as they wish within fair reasons. Event Staff can assist it by having characters react first so other players know what to look for, and Lore Staff can help create the prompts that jog Glader’s memories back. The effects are temporary, knowing and gathering memories. However, once the effect wears off, whatever memories and pieces were gathered stick and stay.

Examples of writing prompts that may show up around the Glade:

/it [!] Like pages flipping through a book, you see events of your life, those that seemed to be warm and bright. One specific glance at a page fills you with emotions... that is a page that reminds you of someone who kept you safe. The person who provided you with safety and security. [!]

/it [!] A sharp pain courses through your head as you hold it tight, hunched over. Though what seems to be a memory piercing through is quite a negative one at that... perhaps about someone who's hurt you. [!]

/it [!] Just like a flash, you feel strongly about someone, someone inside the Glade. Perhaps it's because you've seen each other outside of it, or perhaps you remember something you shouldn't have... [!]​

Last edited:

Kylrs

Reaction score
In-Game User
safteaz

What's your age? (Preferred, but optional)
17 - 21 age range

Do you have Discord? If so, what's your username?
Yes! @ be.ellerinaz

Punishment History
None within MazeRP itself or across all Roleplay Hub Servers in general.

Timezone
PST (UTC/GMT -8)

Describe your activity
My activity on MazeRP is quite consistent! I’m on at various times of the day, however it tends to fall later in the evenings due to actual work scheduling differences. I’m on for multiple hours, exploring the maze, roleplaying in character, restocking various chests for the community, and more. I’ve gone around to familiarize myself with a lot of the players who seem consistent in playing MazeRP and befriended a handful of them as well! I’ve gone on expeditions with different groups of people for various amounts of time in the maze. Though I’ve only been with MazeRP since it was released to Roleplay Hub’s servers, I’ve grown incredibly attached and consistent with being a player. I hope to keep this activity up with my new work schedule falling into place as of the New Year.

What's your motivation for applying?
My motivation for applying is rooted in various reasons. As a player, my goal is to include dynamic and captivating narratives for my characters and those around me. I wish to enlighten others as well as my own stories within the Glade and the Maze, creating seamless storylines as a motive. I’ve grown to fall in love with the diverse characters created by everyone and the simple world around me, being able to create impactful and vulnerable moments pushes me to keep refining my skills. I understand that role-play can seem intimidating to players new to the concept. With events presented or just as a general part of the community, I’d like to be able to create a safe space for them to expand and learn, easing them in!

What can you bring to the team?
I can offer quite a bit of flexibility and knowledge through the role-play and writing process. Alongside having role-play experience on SchoolRP, I’ve been acting and teaching youth theatre for a while. Having an acting background, allows me to think deeply about characters and their meanings and what sorts of strong ideas can impact heavily. This allows for players to be somewhat challenged at a deeper level in their role-play knowledge, expanding further into deeper emotions. I’m also very open-minded to expanding to accommodate everything the server offers in its uniqueness. From having PvP mechanics, to role-play mechanics, to even the Maze mechanics. Considering all of the following, and what can be created by the uprising Lore Team, making events that fit within the themes of the Maze and Glade is important to me.

------------

Create three unique events. Explain what it is, how you'd go about organizing it, and what resources you would require to execute it.

#1: A Mid-summer’s eve. . . [Halloween/Spooky Event]
[ THE IDEA BRANCHES OF THE MOVIE “MIDSOMMAR”, TAKING IT’S GENERAL PLOT BUT RE-WRITTEN TO FIT THE MAZE RUNNER VIBES ]

“Through the blinding light, a new beginning, although it’s a new beginning to a familiar world. Everyone revisits their time coming through the box, almost as if to start from the top once more. This new version of the maze seems somewhat more colourful and bright. There seems to be life within these stone walls, but is there? These Gladers… they aren’t like the rest. They have a structured way of life, but these welcoming traditions are rather… gory.”

This event provides a more horror and psychological take on the maze. In the Maze Runner movies, it’s canon that there are multiple versions of the maze, this would just be another iteration. This event could fall under a month-long event during Halloween, as it involves stranger than not traditions and punishments. The people already in this part of the maze will be played by the event team and the staff who choose to. Their goal is to make the players feel a sense of fear. It could include bits of lore created by the Lore team about the Flare to create the paradoxical feeling of something that should be familiar but isn’t. There wouldn’t need to be changed in scenery, but specifically dedicated characters played by Event team members or Staff. These characters are dedicated to being unsettling but dedicated and in full belief of the strange events they have.

#2: Tag, you’re it. [Raid event]
“The campfire crackles, howling through the wind as it’s put out. Dawn begins to hit the Glade and the community is preparing to start their day, get to their usual tasks, and await for a gate to open... Baggers make their way to the opened gate at 6:30 a.m., only to be met by a large group of runners running back from the maze. Though these runners don’t look to be alright… something feels off. Baggers are easily able to note that this group of runners (about 15 runners) was not well... They had all been stung. Every last one of them. With only so many baggers at the gate present, they can only keep so many by the gates, most being able to escape into the Glade to disrupt the new day.”

/it [!] One of the baggers runs through the Glade, injured, and yells out to those around them, "BANISHED, WE NEED ASSISTANCE STAT." [!]

This event is a spin on the Banished Raids we’ve had in the Glade previously. However, it can be taken more icky rather than training for Baggers and an opportunity for loot from the “Banished Boss.” This event requires both event staff and regular staff (should they want to participate) as well as NPCs. The range of runners is mixed between 15 to mix between actual players and NPCs. The NPC banishes work as they have, fighting off to include the actual Minecraft combat mechanic in this event. The players however must be the ones that make it into the Glade. These “runners” (don’t have to have the runner tag or banished tag) will combat roleplay with regular Gladers. They will act out how stung characters do, raging, yelling, acting out of line, etc. to fear other Gladers. The goal for the community is to get rid of the NPCs and use the serum for these banished players OR find a way to drag them back into the maze during dusk.

#3: Tick Tock [Memory Event]
“In a flash, you feel it again. The warmth of a hug from your closest loved one… the quiet humming of birds singing the sweetest of tunes. Finally, a moment of relief, peace, and quiet. The smell of your favourite candle fills the room’s aroma, a place where you know you are safe. Unfortunately, safety isn’t long… because with “The Flare” in check and spreading rapidly, you’re quick to run back, run away. Back and away to the place you now know by name… The Glade.”

This event allows characters to build on their history and the life they once had. It acts as a memory event. The way it’s triggered is for anyone in the Glade, the closer to the “heart” of Homestead, the stronger and longer the memory is. This wouldn’t necessarily require a separate map (which can cause hassle for builders and an inconvenience for teleporting), but rather set prompts for players to choose from depending on which part of the Glade they are in and what job they are part of. They get different writing prompts to which their characters can react and other than that, it is up to players to react how their character would based on said prompts.

The event can happen at any time of the day, but it must be unprompted and more like a surprise! There can be a big warning like the following:

/it [!] Energy rushes through and pulses through each Glader… something is about to change. [!]

This can sort of indicate that W.C.K.D. messed up some adjustments they wanted to make to the maze, altering Glader’s thoughts (as an example). Then right after, depending on where you are (can be separated into larger sectors), a different effect or prompt is given to players. Then they react as they wish within fair reasons. Event Staff can assist it by having characters react first so other players know what to look for, and Lore Staff can help create the prompts that jog Glader’s memories back. The effects are temporary, knowing and gathering memories. However, once the effect wears off, whatever memories and pieces were gathered stick and stay.

Examples of writing prompts that may show up around the Glade:

/it [!] Like pages flipping through a book, you see events of your life, those that seemed to be warm and bright. One specific glance at a page fills you with emotions... that is a page that reminds you of someone who kept you safe. The person who provided you with safety and security. [!]

/it [!] A sharp pain courses through your head as you hold it tight, hunched over. Though what seems to be a memory piercing through is quite a negative one at that... perhaps about someone who's hurt you. [!]

/it [!] Just like a flash, you feel strongly about someone, someone inside the Glade. Perhaps it's because you've seen each other outside of it, or perhaps you remember something you shouldn't have... [!]​
Your event team application has been accepted.